top of page

Can’t afford ongoing legal fees?
We're different.

MEL&JESS_014 2000 web 2.jpg

Unbundled legal services

Usually, lawyers' fees are paid for the entire case. Unbundled legal services are different - you don't pay for help with the whole case, but a specific piece of work. This is more cost effective as it allows you to handle some parts of your case yourself. At the same time, it gives you the benefit of professional assistance for crucial aspects. 

What we do

Family matters 

Qualified lawyers

No legal jargon

Property matters 

Fixed fee

Online and on the phone 

AVO  matters 

Fast response time

All eastern states 

About 1/4 of all people in Family Court are representing themselves. 

An affordable family law service

We deliberately don't provide all the services of a traditional lawyer - so you don't pay for them. You represent yourself in Family Court. We focus on what is most essential to your success; court documents and legal advice, with a set price up front. You can choose how and when is best to spend your resources. Balancing your need for assistance with your need for a nest egg for your fresh start. 

Meet Jesse and Melanie 


Jesse McColl and Melanie Conn are the founders and directors of Family Court Solutions. Working as duty lawyers in the Family Court they saw a need for the 'missing middle,' those not eligible for Legal Aid and without the resources to afford an ongoing lawyer, to have access to justice

Our process for fixed fee court documents


Call us to discuss what you need. Then pay by bank transfer and complete our intake form. 


First consultation to gather information. This may last more than one hour.


We email draft documents to you. You check they are accurate.


Second consultation to make changes to draft documents. We email the final copy. 

Helping people just like you

The other person wasn't allowing David to see his child and he feared for their safety. We wrote David's documents for an urgent recovery order in the Family Court within 48 hours of his first consultation. 

recovery order

Cassie previously agreed to consent orders but was now concerned. We gave her advice on starting new proceedings. Cassie came back to us, and we wrote her court documents for a fixed fee up front. 

Application for court order

Peter had an AVO which prevented him from arranging time with his four children. We gave him advice over the phone within 24 hours. He was prepared for his first AVO court date and able to negotiate his desired outcome himself.

AVO and children advice

Sarah was considering separation but wanted to know where she stood with the assets of the marriage. We provided advice quickly and discreetly over the phone to enable her to be in the best position. 

Early property advice

Frequently asked questions

  • What services do you provide?
    We write Family Court documents for any kind of family law matter and Local Court documents for AVOs. We can give you legal advice on all aspects of divorce, separation, property, parenting and custody concerns. We do this online - speaking to you over Teams or on the phone.
  • Will you go to court for me?
    No. We won't go to court for you. Or to mediation or write letters to or call the other person. We offer specific services only - legal advice and written court documents for a fixed fee.
  • How do I engage you to give me legal advice or write court documents?
    You can book our legal advice service online. Once you have booked an advice service you need to pay by transferring the set fee to our trust bank account. Our trust bank account details are: Name: Family Court Solutions BSB: 082 057 Account No.: 35 394 7910. It's best to speak to us first if you would like court documents. You can either book a free consult or call us on 1300 525 673.
  • Do you have an office?
    No. We don't have an office you can visit. We are an online service and will speak to you either over the phone or through Microsoft Teams.
  • Can I really go to court without a lawyer?
    Yes. There is no rule that you must have a lawyer to go to court. We can help you prepare for your court events and give you advice afterwards on your next steps.
bottom of page