top of page

Grandparents hold a special place with children

You might be worried about your grandchild's safety or concerned that you won't get to spend the same time with them. 

Steps to take if you're worried about safety

If you think that your grandchild is at risk of harm from abuse or neglect you can make a report to child protection. In New South Wales you can call the Department of Communities and Justice child protection helpline on 13 21 11. You can be anonymous. It is possible you will not be told the outcome of your call. All reports must be considered by a child protection worker. You can also call Police and request that they do a welfare check on the child. If there is no criminal activity sighted by police, police cannot remove the child. 

bottom of page