top of page

Court orders not being followed?

When a parent isn't following the court orders, you have to go back to court again to enforce the orders. 


Contravention applications

The police won't enforce a parenting order. You have to apply to the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia again by taking these steps:

  1. Do the 'pre-action procedures.'

  2. Complete an 'Application - Contravention' and affidavit. If your application is not compliant it may be returned.

  3. Email your application, affidavit, a copy of the orders and s60I certificate to There is no filing fee. 

  4. Give the filed documents to the other person.

  5. Prepare to go to court within 14 days. ​

bottom of page